Roleplaying Rules

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Roleplaying Rules

Post  Marisol Carriedo Jones on 28th May 2012, 10:31 pm

Aside from the site rules, there are specific rules while role-playing also. Please keep in mind that both sets if rules need to be followed, although there are areas where the roleplaying rules don't apply within the site.

Here are the rules:
1.) Please do your best to stay in character. I'm not expecting you to stay in character 100% of the time. I know for a fact that I won't. I also know that everyone has different interpretations of a character. But don't go so OOC to the point of making eyes bleed.
2.) Like rule number rule on the general list, please try to obstain from using a lot of profanity.
3.) If the character is taken, except under certain circumstances, don't roleplay them. There are plenty of other characters out there.
4.) No god-modding, and no power-playing. AT ALL.
5.) I don't really mind too much if you decide to role-play in first person vs. third person, but no dialogue please....
6.) No text talk while role-playing, with the exception of TEXTS AND EMAILS ONLY. If your character laughs, put that they began to laugh, not lol. Also, actions need to be written out.
7.) For the character that you are roleplaying, please use their human name as the username, NOT the country, state, etc. name. If they are an OC or have no official name, just make one up/use a common name (please don't steal a name for your OC).
8.) Nothing mature. If you really want to or feel it's necessary, please take it to pms. Thank you
9.) Please don't bump your posts. If you're waiting on a reply, please PM them.
10.) Instead of reposting an edited post, use the edit button please.
11.) Please use proper grammar while roleplaying.
12.) Only one character per account and only three accounts per person. You may do two canon characters total.
If you've read the rules, make sure to put "penguin(s)" in the application.
13.) If you are going to be absent from the site for a while, make sure to post in the Hiatus thread.
14.) Please try to make posts at least a paragraph. I understand some will be shorter, and that's fine. But please, nothing like "Hi," or something short like that.
15.) Only one character per account and only 3 accounts per person; maximum of one canon character per person.
16.) Have fun!
Marisol Carriedo Jones
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://aroundtheworldrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Rules edited

Post  Marisol Carriedo Jones on 24th June 2012, 4:34 pm

Rule #12 (The one about characters a person can have) has been edited so that each person may have two canon characters total. If you would rather have one canon character and two OCs or no canon characters and three OCs, this is fine also.

Admin

View user profile http://aroundtheworldrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top